Managing a PACS project from inception through implementation is an overwhelming undertaking for any institution. Working with the proven methodology and assessment techniques of SG&A will help to ensure that your institution delivers the most cost-effective program for a successful project.
SG&A Consulting will spend the time to understand your institution's needs and develop a customized approach all based on your specific needs and particular challenges. The program outline below provides an easy to understand approach to developing a complete plan and implementation strategy that delivers results.
Phase I. Needs Assessment & Objectives Development.
- Identification assessment and integration of a healthcare institution's short- and long-term needs.
- Clearly articulated set of objectives and goals for the PACS Program.
- Ensure the operational and clinical goals of radiology will integrate with those of the clinical clients of radiology.
- Make provisions for time frames and informational needs of the institution.
Phase II. Operational Analysis & Cost Assessment.
- Site Analysis
- Develop a current workflow map, film storage and image distribution mapping for radiology and throughout the healthcare enterprise.
- Develop clinical information maps and determine critical enterprise information needs to make recommendations for effective information flow.
- Quantify costs; identify inefficiencies and communication breakdowns.
- Cost and Benefit Analysis
- Proforma Analysis and Justification
Phase III. Radiology and Institutional IT Infrastructure Assessment.
- Network Infrastructure Assessment
- DICOM Modality Analysis
- HIS/RIS/CIS Integration Considerations
- Image Archive Needs, Forecast and Analysis
- Re-engineering enhancements, workflow and throughput Considerations
Phase IV. PACS And IT Requirements Statement.
- Develop Technical Needs
- Project RFP Document Generation
- Vendor Analysis
- Trade-off Analysis
- Acceptance Criteria
Phase V. Implementation Strategy and Deployment.
- Phase Development and Prioritization For Optimized ROI
- Project Deployment Designed to Funding Parameters
- Technical Support Strategy and Implementation
- Technical Specification Married to Technology Availability
- Clinical Practice Deployment Strategy
- Vendor Selection
- Acceptance Testing by Phase
- Re-engineering for Cost Reduction and Efficiency Improvements
Contact SG&A for a consultation. We can customize a program for your specific needs and business circumstances.